Quick Answer: Which Is Better T4 Or T5?

What does t32 mean?

The highest gross vehicle weight Transporters are labelled T32 – meaning 3,200kg – so look for this when buying used.

As GVW is the total allowed weight of the van and everything on board, smaller, lighter T32 vans – so SWB with a low roof and not much standard equipment – will carry the heaviest payloads..

Is t6 better than t5?

The only main difference to the line-up is the lack of a Sportline trim level for the Transporter T6. … On top of the T5 models, the T6 also features a stylish new leather multifunction steering wheel, heated windscreen, automatic driving light control and additional noise suppression is also fitted as standard.

Does a VW Transporter have a Cambelt?

T5 Rogers91 On the 2.5 there is no timing belt or timing chain. Its gear driven. You may need to change the gate couplings that run the Power steering and altenator.

What is the advantage of a 5 cylinder engine?

Smoothness. The five-cylinder engine’s advantage over a comparable four-cylinder engine is best understood by considering power strokes and their frequency. In a four-stroke cycle the engine fires every cylinder once every 720 degrees — each piston fires for every two rotations of the crankshaft.

Does VW 2.5 have timing belt?

Those engines had a timing belt on the pulley end of the motor, and this 2.5 VW 5 cylinder engine has a timing chain system on the transmission end.

Do t5 seats fit in a t4?

Registered. I guess the fundamental difference is the T5 has a sloping front floor and the T4 has a flat one. Therefore T5 seats will need modifying.

How long will a VW Transporter last?

15 yearsYou can expect a Transporter T6 or T5 to reach at least 250k if well-driven and properly serviced, meaning it should last you well over 15 years. If you’d like to do more annual miles or want a van to last you 25 years without an engine and gearbox overhaul, it’s important to find the lowest mileage possible.

How many MPG does a VW Transporter do?

Select engine for more Real MPG information:EngineOfficial MPGReal MPG %2.0 18036.2 mpg104%2.0 180 Auto34.9 mpg-2.0BiTDI 18034.9–38.7 mpg97%2.0BiTDI 180 4MOTION32.5–40.4 mpg67%12 more rows

Is VW Transporter reliable?

The Transporter has amassed a reputation for solid and reliable motoring, hence its high residual values. Most of its underpinnings are shared with many other products in the Volkswagen Group range, so parts are easily accessible.

How many miles will a VW diesel engine last?

400-500,000 milesA well-maintained diesel engine can easily go 400-500,000 miles.

Which is the best VW Transporter to buy?

Generally speaking, you should buy the newest van you can afford. If you want a Volkswagen Transporter, then the T6 would be the one to aim. However, if your budget doesn’t stretch that far then a T5 would be a good choice, so long as you do your homework.

Is the VW 2.5 engine reliable?

2.5s are some of the most reliable engines VW has made recently in my opinion. I have owned a mk4 2.0 and also a mk3 2.0 before that. Both of those cars ended up having multiple problems although they were both higher milage. Ive owned my 2.5 with 32k on it and just about to roll over to 104k.

What engine will fit a VW t5?

Volkswagen Transporter (T5)PlatformVolkswagen Group T5 platformPowertrainEngine2.0 L I4 (petrol) 3.2 L VR6 (petrol) 1.9 L I4 TDI (diesel) 2.0 L I4 TDI (diesel) 2.5 L I5 TDI (diesel)Transmission5-speed manual 6-speed manual 6-speed automatic 7-speed automatic (DSG)18 more rows

Which transporter is best for conversion?

But the models we see most often are the VW T5 and VW T6. Transporters are ideal vehicles for conversion as they’re solid, reliable and they hold their value very well.

Is VW t4 reliable?

Volkswagen Transporter (96-03) reliability, common problems & faults. The T4 Transporter has a reputation for being one of the most reliable older vans on the road, so hopefully those expensive VW parts won’t be required very often.

Which VW t4 engine is best?

Most desirable engine is the 2.5TDi – it’s pokey and will do 40mpg. It’s also relatively easy to convert the 88bhp unit to 102 by fitting a top mounted intercooler and even 150bhp is within reach with tuning.

What is a VW t4?

The Volkswagen Transporter (T4), marketed in North America as the Volkswagen EuroVan, is a van produced by the German manufacturer Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles between 1990 and 2003, succeeding the Volkswagen Type 2 (T3) and superseded by the Volkswagen Transporter (T5).

How long will a VW 2.5 engine last?

Treat it like you should, it will last you till 200,000 or more. I’ve had and know of a few VW’s that hit that easily. No matter what car you have there is no grantee it will last. Best you can do under any circumstance is maintain it properly.